Monday, August 30, 2010

Easy Sugar Cookies
I found this wonderful recipe this weekend and enjoyed making these cookies, they tasted like home and were easy to make without the use of a mixer (something I keep getting told is unavailable in India).
2 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup of butter softened (very soft)
1 1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

Cream the butter and sugar until smooth add in egg and vanilla, gradually blend in dry ingredients. Roll into balls of dough and place onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven 375 degrees or 190 degrees C. Let cookies stand two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.

I was also able to finish making the monkey socks this weekend: They turned out great and were easy to make, once I had the pattern down they went swiftly.

I also started to make the sock blanket which will use up my leftover sock yarn but will be years in the making.

No comments: