I came across this description this week in my scripture study. I hope to live by the words here and develop more charity towards my fellow beings. I often find that I am being critical of myself and others. And as the old saying goes, Charity begins at home!
- Having patience with someone who lets us down.
- Resisting impulse to become offended easily
- Accepting weakness and shortcomings of others
- Accepting people as they are
- Looking beyond physical appearances to attributes that will not dim though time.
- It is resisting the impulse to categorize others.
"Scriptures are like packets of light that illuminate our minds and give place to guidance and inspiration form on high." Richard G Scott, "The Power of Scripture", October 2011,
Psalms 24:1-5 - "The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods. Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation." Elder Scott quoted this scripture during the above talk and although I am familiar with the Scripture it really struck a cord with me this time. I want to ascend to the hill of the Lord. By practicing charity maybe my hands will be cleaner!