Friday, December 17, 2010

                     Our New Puppy Chloe’
The world’s cutest Lhasa Apso!

As you can see from the pictures we have a new addition to our family!  Chloe' can to our house December 11, 2010.  She was 42 days old at the time.  Dave bought her back from Mumbai, when he was there on business.  She is a Lhasa Apso.  A totally new breed to me, I don't I'd ever had the opportunity to see them before except in pictures.  They are a popular breed here in India and we wanted a dog that would stay small as we live in an apartment and I just couldn't do that to a golden retriever.  In fact, this is the first time since I was 8 years old that I have been without a Golden!  Technically, I still have my golden but she is half a world away living with my daughters as she was too old to make the journey to India.  The vet did not think she would be able to survive the trip.

Gabby

I sure miss her, she is the smartest Golden I have owned and at 50 I owned a few in my life!
Chloe is the smallest puppy.  And for such a small puppy she has quite the ferocious personally!  She wants what she wants now!  But already she loves to just be near us and when we work at the computer she lays on her blanket at our feet.

When Dave arrives home from work these days, the first words out of his mouth are, "Where's my puppy!"  She is definitely Daddy's girl.  She is also very attached to Tim! Hmmm, but then she really just loves to have attention.

Like a baby she eats four times a day.  And not surprisingly she has worms. I am concerned about taking her to the vet as she hasn't had any shots yet and I don't want to expose her to whats out there in the world but we will be doing that next week as soon as she is old enough to have them. We had a pound puppy that we adopted that died of Parvo once and I never want to have that happen again.  Despite the fact that we gave her the shot, it was too late she had already been exposed to the  virus. We are looking forward to many happy years with this pup.

No comments: