Friday, October 22, 2010

Pinks and Browns Triangles




920 Pink and brown half square triangles
One of my last UFO's.  I have been carrying this quilt around in my many moves since 2005.  I started it in Barrington, Illinois at Touch of Amish Quilt Shop.  It uses Triangle Paper 2 1/2" half square by Quilt Time. Each page yielded 24 squares.  I will be assembling them in 6 x 4 row blocks and them putting the blocks together to make a quilt.


 I used assorted pink and brown fat quarters as well as fat quarters of off white back ground fabrics.  To use the paper I ironed one pink with one off white right sides together and then ironed the triangle paper on the wrong side of one of the fabrics. I also added pins to help keep the paper in place.  I then stitched on the the dotted lines until  done.  Using my rotary cutter I cut them apart and watching tv peeled the paper.  Then I pressed them all open towards the dark fabric. About this time we moved to Utah so they went in a shoe box and there they stayed until now.  I spent the last week, sorting and pressing and deciding how to assemble them in a pleasing pattern.  I hope to have them assembled by the time we head to the US for Christmas.
my new sewing machine, I purchased it here in India.
I didn't want to risk my much loved Bernina 1230 on the
strange currents here in India.  So far so good, it sews a nice even stitch.
It does make a lot of noise though.

my next project Dresden Star
My recently purchased Indian fabric.

In keeping with a tradition I started when I started stashbusters, I am patiently waiting to start my next project "Dresden Star" until I finish a UFO.  With only 3 more UFO's to go after the pink's and brown's I am very excited.  I am going to make it with fabric purchased here in India.

No comments: