Wednesday, January 21, 2009

When my daughter came home for our family Christmas she wanted a pair of red
mittens so I knitted her a pair this week and am now putting them in the mail to
her in Utah! I used a red with grey flecks silk/ wool blend. I think that she will love them! With the completion of these mittens I can now start to do the socks for the knit along that is for January. Hedgerow socks, I will be knitting them in a solid color. The pattern can be found here. http://www.knittersreview.com/hedgerow_socks.pdf
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jo said...

MJ,

Love the mittens you made for your daughter. I'm a beginner knitter - but I've made one pair of socks. How do mittens compare?

Thanks,
Jo

MJSaylor said...

They are about the some in difficulty which means if you made a pair of socks you can make mittens. You just need to be careful when you make the thumb that you don't get a hole where you picked up your stitches. Good luck!