Saturday, June 02, 2012

Finished Tim's Sock's

Well, I purchased another camera hopefully this one will work better than the Cannon I had. I purchased a Nikon CoolPix in a great red color.

We have had some major changes in our family this year.  My husband works in China now and is always gone.  Not the best way to keep a marriage strong.  My daughter Kristine married this year on the 6th of April. And we moved into a wonderful home outside of town, the dogs and the kids are much happier.

I have started a quilt for my daughter Kristine from the Nickel Quilts book but the move interrupted the sewing it always takes me awhile to set up my sewing area after a move.

Mostly I have been knitting in my spare time to keep me sane! I finished Shur'tugal Dragon by Alice Yu. I really liked the doubled-tail cast on it made for a very sturdy cast on that I will be using again in the further.  The directions for the doubled-tail cast on can be found here.  


http://www.socktopus.co.uk/2009/04/doubled-long-tail-cast-on/


The socks very easy to knit after awhile I had a rhythm going that made them quite fun to knit with very little concentration needed. Always a good thing as I tend to knit while doing other things like watching movies, or listening to books on tape. 



No comments: