Wednesday, April 06, 2011

 I  have rediscovered the wonderful world of crocheting.  I have always enjoyed but it took the back burner to so many other things that I am involved in.  Recently while hunting up a pattern for knitted dishcloths I stumbled upon the pattern for the bunny purse.  It was so cute I had to give it a try.  It took a day to complete all the crocheting and then I was able to assemble the project the next day.  I sewed the bunny down with my sewing machine and learned a very important fact.  Never sew crochet things together unless you are absolutely sure they are exactly where you want them. I was talking to my husband while I sewed and ended up sewing the bunny on a little sideways.  But I think my 3 year great niece won't mind the error and it sure turned out cute.  I used sugar and cream yarn, Daisy Ombre with white, pink and black.  It is a surprisingly sturdy little purse.  The pattern can be found here:
 http://www.e-patternscentral.com/detail.html?prod_id=5041&cat_id=1   this is the first time I have purchased from e-pattern and I will do so again.  I ended up purchasing quite a few patterns (OK, 4 to be exact) and have already made two of them.


Another pattern that I downloaded from e-patterns is "Spring is in the Air" dishcloth pattern.  These work up quickly and was a great way to use the leftover yarn from the purse.  As you can see at the top, I ran out of the variegated and used up some of the white.  But I had plenty of black and white left so I began to make some wonderful potholders.  These are very easy to make and I was able to finish  5 while watching general conference for our church! The pattern for these can be found at:

http://butzelkuh.wordpress.com/topflappen  she has very easy to follow directions.  Along with some wonderful pictures for demonstration.

I also started another project today, this one I predict will take a long while to complete as it is a popcorn bedspread.  It reminds me of my grandmother.  Although why I am not exactly sure, she tended to like Chenille bedspreads but never the less it has begun.  I will rotate working on it with my sock blanket that I am working on.  Hopefully, the sock blanket will be done this year in time for Christmas.  WE SHALL SEE!


I am expecting a new niece or nephew later this year and am very excited about it!  I love babies because they give me such a great opportunity to create amazing things to welcome them to this wonderful world in which we live.  I found this wonderful panel at my local fabric shop.  It is entitled "Gone Fishing".  This is perfect fabric for our family.  Grandpa Saylor loves to fish and has past that love on to all of us.  (Although I must confess, I prefer to relax in the boat reading while my sweet husband handles the fishing part.  I also don't mind cooking and eating the fish either!)  I loved the pictures and can't wait to get started on the design.  I have already cut the squares apart at 6.5".  Now the fun begins.  Of course if it's a girl I'll just have to make another quilt!  Oh, the great joys of being an aunt!




No comments: