Wednesday, October 07, 2009

I have been working this week making phone calls for the upcoming elections. Today is the last day. I have been very grateful for the work. It will be nice to be able to pay a bill. I also ordered $50 from knitpicks so I'll be able to make Christmas presents for the kids this year. Last year was very sparse. They each got their favorite shampoo and that was it. I felt horribe as a mom not being able to do more for my children but you know we had a wonderful day playing games and enjoying each others company. This year I am planning on mitts and hats as well as socks. These economic times has been difficult but with the Lord's help we have been making it though.


Today, I am making a new recipe Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies. You can find the recipe here http://www.cooking.com/Recipes-and-More/recipes/Ina-Gartens-Peanut-Butter-Chocolate-Chunk-Cookies-recipe-12049.aspx It's a variation on the Barefoot Contessa. I made some changes. I used inexpensive chunky peanut butter and semisweet chocolate chips. I love to make good cookies. This recipe was not as good as I hoped. In fact we won't be repeating it. They were too dry. Now maybe more expensive smooth peanut butter as called for in the recipe would make a difference, but since I never intend to purchase expensive peanut butter I'll never know!

No comments: