Tuesday, November 11, 2008


I just finished this quilt top. It is from the Marcus Brothers Website for the Love and Harmony Collection. When I started the quilt I was afraid that the pinks were too pink but I think that it turned out great and will end up being the perfect gift for a 2 year old I know. She hasn't gotten a quilt yet from her Aunt Mary Jane but this Christmas she will. I love the cats on this quilt. For the x block, the quilt store didn't carry the stripe fabric so I made my own with scraps of pink I had in my stash. I am going to experiment more with this block, I think its a great block for using up scraps and very easy to use. Following is a link to the free pattern on the Marcus Brothers site.



http://marcusbrothers.com/makeit/projects/love_and_harmony/index.html

2 comments:

Candace said...

I like pink a lot, and I'm sure that a little two year old girl will be delighted with her beautiful quilt. I just discovered your blog, and I'm wondering how you are settling into that beautiful big home.

MJSaylor said...

Great now that the mice are under control! We love having all the room!