Slideshow of quilts

Friday, October 08, 2010


"Strength comes not from frantic activity but from being settled on a firm foundation of truth and light. …It comes from paying attention to the divine things that matter most.  Let us simplify our lives a little. Let us make the changes necessary to refocus our lives on the sublime beauty of the simple, humble path of Christian discipleship—the path that leads always toward a life of meaning, gladness, and peace." Dieter F. Uchtdorf

I loved this saying, so often I get caught up in frantic activity that in the end has no lasting value. There are many choices that I make each day I hope to start making better choices and learn how to make the best choices in how I spend my time.  Another quote I love but don't know who said is, "Failure to plan on your part, does not constitute an emergency on mine." Of course when I'm the one with the emergency it can be very irritating!

I found a new blog that enjoyed looking at it's Beth Donaldson:Quilt Doctor found here:  http://quiltdoctor.blogspot.com, being originally from Michigan I really appreciate all the information she has on her site.

I finished another UFO this month, this one from Thimbleberries Club.  It feels so good to no longer have ufo's hanging over my head.  Several years ago I joined a group called "Stashbusters", it's a yahoo group that really helped me focus in on finishing all my ufo's and managing my fabric stash.  I went from 60+ ufo's to 3 unfinished quilts.  And from three large cabinets filled with fabric to two under the bed storage boxes.  My buying habits have changed from buying "just because" to "I need it to finish, create, etc!  I feel such a sense of accomplishment completing projects and have lost the guilt of having so much undone.

2 comments:

lila Check said...

OMG!!! this is superb!

MJ said...

Thanks!